Lots of parades and everything else going on this weekend! I’m going to stick to posting about the free/nearly-free events and Christmas open houses.
- Woodland Park is holding its annual Lighter Side of Christmas parade on Saturday, December 6th at 6 PM in downtown Woodland Park. The theme this year is “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” and benefits Habitat for Humanity. The parade will be followed by the tree lighting ceremony and some live music.
- The Colorado Springs Festival of Lights parade is also on Saturday, December 6th at 5:50 PM in downtown Colorado Springs.
- You can eat breakfast with Santa on Saturday the 6th in Old Colorado City from 8 AM to 11 AM. It’s $3 for kids and $5 for adults. Free pictures with Santa are from 12 PM to 5 PM in Bancroft Park.
- The Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum will be hosting a free Children’s Holiday Magic Celebration on Saturday, December 6th from 10 AM until the Festival of Lights Parade in the evening. There will be live music, a magician, a model train display, and more.
- Monument is hosting a Small Town Christmas on Saturday, December 6th from 10 AM to 2 PM. Lots of merchants will be holding open house-type events with refreshments and fun activities for the kids.
- The cadet choir from the Air Force Academy will also be performing Handel’s Messiah on Friday, December 5th at 7:30 PM at the Protestant Cadet Chapel.
- Village Seven Presbyterian Church will also be presenting Handel’s Messiah on Sunday, December 7th at 5 PM. No charge for admission.
- Six Woodland Park homes are open for touring on Saturday the 6th (10 AM – 4 PM) and Sunday the 7th (12 PM to 4 PM). Tickets for the 10th Annual Holiday Home Tour are $12 in advance, $15 at the door. Here’s more info and a tour map. Proceeds benefit the Pikes Peak Regional Medical Center.
- The 14th Annual Holiday Bed and Breakfast Tour, benefiting the Old Colorado City Historical Society, is Sunday the 7th from 2-6 PM. Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door.
You should also know…
On-street parking in downtown Colorado Springs is free for the first three weekends in December and in Old Colorado City there’s free parking every weekend in December! Happy shopping!